Queen Victoria Market


Who doesn't love a market?  So many good sniffs, such bustle, handmade jewellery, vintage clothes and antiques, more food than you can limit yourself to...



Melbourne's biggest market, the QVM in North Melbourne, runs 5 days a week in the mornings, but over the summer the night market runs on Wednesday evenings.  This is the best selection of stalls from the weekly market plus special pop-ups too, and a weekly bevy of delights.  Packed to the rafters with locals and tourists alike, there is also live music playing to keep everyone entertained.



It's the food that gets me coming back week after week.  My plan is to try as many different stands as possible before I leave Melbourne - so far top recommendations are the Sri Lankan street food and paella.  The sangria is pretty damn good too, but obviously market prices aren't exactly conducive to a night of drinking.



YUM.  Unfortunately I'm working tonight but maybe I'll have time to stop by for a snack on my way...


No comments:

Post a Comment